2020 Value-Added Dairy Workshop
Using Small Scale Dairy Equipment
Importance of Feasibility Studies for Dairy Businesses
Multistate Expert Panel Discussing Value-Added Dairy Grants
The Changing Face of Dairy Marketing
Lessons Learned from Dairy Producer-Processors
Subaward application period is currently open. Applications must arrive by mail or email no later than July 15, 2021.
The following conditions MUST be met to be eligible to apply for funding through the Dairy Business Innovation Initiatives program. Initiatives must meet the following three goals:
- Diversify dairy product markets to reduce risk and develop higher value uses for dairy products;
- Promote business development that diversifies farmer income through processing and marketing innovation; and
- Encourage the use of regional milk production.
This subaward program (direct-to-business grants) is intended for existing or prospective dairy businesses. Dairy Businesses are those that that develop, produce, market, or distribute dairy products.
Subawards will only be made to prospective or current dairy businesses. Successful applications must focus on one or more of the following areas.
- Modernization, specialization, and grazing transition on dairy farms
- Value chain and commodity innovation and facility and process updates for dairy processors
- Dairy product development, packaging, and marketing